A good mini rice cooker is a savior appliance for all those who frequently travel from one place to another. Rice cooker is a multifunctional appliance that runs on electricity and not gas. It is not only great for cooking rice, but you can also use it for cooking ready-to-eat food or steaming vegetables, making instant soup, and heating liquid food. If you are looking for the best travel-friendly mini rice cookers, then you are at the right place. In this buying guide, you will find the list of the best mini rice cookers for traveling to India. Here we will also cover all additional details that will make your purchase worth investing money. Let’s get started-
Table of Contents
- 1 What Features You Should Look for While Selecting a Mini Rice Cooker for Traveling India?
- 2 Top 10 Mini Rice Cooker for Traveling India
- 2.1 Bajaj Majesty RCX 1, 0.4 L multifunctional rice cooker (white)
- 2.2 Prestige PROW 0.6 L, 2 300-watt -electric rice cooker (white)
- 2.3 Kent rice cooker 0.9 L 180-watt (black and silver)
- 2.4 Panasonic SR-3NA automatic travel cooker, 0.3 L (pink/blue)
- 2.5 Pigeon by Stovekraft joy SDX rice cooker, single pot, 0.6 L (red)
- 2.6 Preethi perfect wonder 0.6 L, 300-watt rice cooker
- 2.7 Butterfly KRC-08 0.6 L, 300 classic electric cookers (white)
- 2.8 Panasonic rice cooker, 0.5 L
- 2.9 Sheffield aluminum multi-cooker 1.1 L, 800 Watt, orange
- 2.10 AmazonBasics Rice Cooker 1 L, 500 W, (Maroon)
- 3 Benefits of a Rice Cooker
- 4 Disadvantages of a Rice Cooker
- 5 Conclusion
What Features You Should Look for While Selecting a Mini Rice Cooker for Traveling India?
Mostly a basic rice cooker comes with one-touch control options. However, the advanced ones come with digital displays. So, make sure your rice cooker has user-friendly control options.
A digital timer is a must-have feature in any rice cooker. It helps to know the time by which the food will be ready to serve. So, make sure the rice cooker that you choose has a digital timer.
A mini rice cooker should maximum have a capacity of 0.5 to 1 L. A range of more than this capacity would not be travel-friendly and will take more space in your bag. If you are a single person, then 0.5L capacity is enough, but if you are traveling with your family (3-4 members), then your rice cooker should approx have a total of 1 L.
Keep warm is a must-have feature if you are looking for a rice cooker for traveling. This feature will help to maintain the temperature of the rice in a freezing place also.
Well, it is one of the essential features to look for while purchasing any appliance. Set a specific budget that suits you to spend on a Rice Cooker, and then choose a rine cooker accordingly. All the below-listed mini rice cookers are for traveling and budget-friendly also. So you can choose one from them too.
Top 10 Mini Rice Cooker for Traveling India
Benefits of a Rice Cooker
Following are the reasons why you should buy a mini rice cooker for traveling India :
- Rice cookers are easy to use, and you don’t have to worry about spilling water from the cooked rice.
- A rice cooker gives perfectly cooked rice without overcooking or undercooking it.
- A rice cooker comes with too many advanced features such as a digital timer, multi-functionality, cooking different rice varieties, thermal control, and many more.
- It comes with a unique feature called “keep warm,” which keeps the rice warm for a long time, especially if you do not open the cooker.
- You do not require to monitor the cooking process to check whether the rice is cooked correctly or not.
Disadvantages of a Rice Cooker
Following are the disadvantages of a rice cooker, which can become a reason of hurdles to you while traveling:
- Some rice cookers do not come with cool handles. So, you have to keep a cotton cloth to handle it.
- It usually comes with non-stick technology, so you always have to carry some specific utensils.
I hope I have covered everything you need to know before purchasing a mini rice cooker for traveling India. As per my knowledge, all the above-listed mini rice cookers are best for traveling. But if you ask me which rice cooker I would choose for traveling, then it will be Bajaj Majesty RCX 1, 0.4 L multifunctional rice cooker (white). This rice cooker is perfect in size & weight for traveling. Further, this rice cooker is also ideal for both single or couples.
Still, when you choose the rice cooker for yourself, compare the features of different rice cooker brands and then select the one most suitable according to your needs.