If you love to cook, there are chances that you do experiment with cookware. It is true that today there are so many varieties of cookware in the market, that you will be spoilt for choice. Moreover, the non-stick variety is such a rage today. You can safely use very high-quality non-stick cookware. Now, ceramic cookware has also come into being. Ceramic is naturally non-stick in nature. Moreover, you will not have to worry about the Teflon coating on most non-stick cookware that comes off with time. It can also put your food in danger of contamination. So, ceramic is a welcome change today. Get the best ceramic cookware brands in India today.
Table of Contents
- 1 Know About Ceramic Cookware Today
- 2 How To Choose Pure Ceramic Cookware?
- 3 What Is Safe Ceramic Cookware?
- 4 Why Are Chefs Buying Ceramic?
- 5 Factors To Consider Before Buying Ceramic Cookware In India
- 6 Ceramic Or Ceramic Glazed – Spot The Difference
- 7 Best Ceramic Cookware Brands In India
- 7.1 GreenLife CC002377-001 Ceramic Cookware Set
- 7.2 IBELL Premium Non-Stick Ceramic Induction Base Fry Pan + Tawa + Wok and Glass Lid Cookware Set Combo (Golden)
- 7.3 Cook N Home NC-00358 Aluminium With Ceramic Coating Non-stick Cookware Set – 10 Piece (Green)
- 7.4 GreenPan Lima Ceramic Cookware-Set, 18 Pc, Gray
- 7.5 Lacuzini Ceramic Cookware Set, 1 Fry Pan, 1 Kadai, 2 Cooking And Serving Spoons, And 1 Tawa (Multi-color)
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions – Ceramic Cookware
- 9 Conclusion
Many of you might be wondering what ceramic cookware is all about. You should find out a little bit more about ceramic cookware, before buying one. That way, you will not have any doubts in your mind. Most people connect the word ‘ceramic’ with clay pottery.
However, it is much more than that. You will be surprised to know that ceramic wares are actually burnt in a kiln, to give them additional strength and make them durable. After exposure to fire in a kiln, the ceramic ware is then glazed. This provides added resistance and a non-stick coating to it.
Manufacturers glaze the ceramicware when it is extremely hot. You should use medium-high heat when you are cooking in a ceramic pot. You should remember not to use very high heat, as it may damage the coating on the pot. Moreover, you should remember not to use ceramic wares on induction, as they do not contain any metal alloy.
Today, cookware is a major source of contamination. Many types of research worldwide have led to the discovery of PFOA i.e., Perfluorooctanoic Acid. It is a man-made chemical and has been used in making Teflon. It has given rise to many health concerns. Moreover, this chemical has the power to stay in the body and environment for a lengthy time. There are several other chemical compounds that have been used with Teflon, in the cookware industry. After 2013, most manufacturers say that they have abstained from using PFOA in any of their products.
Thus, pure ceramic cookware comes in. It is believed to be better than Teflon. It has supposedly revolutionized the cookware industry. Moreover, there are zero health concerns. There are a variety of benefits associated with using ceramic, like the non-stick nature and odor-free food. Furthermore, the coating is also scratch-resistant. You may have heard the term ‘Green Cookware’ in conjunction with the name ‘Ceramic.’
You should know how the ceramicwares are made. There are two processes behind this. They are:
- Clay is baked in kilns and then they are glazed.
- Several types of metals like aluminum, or stainless steel are coated with ceramic enamel.
You have to decide beforehand, what amount you are going to spend to buy ceramic wares. This is one of the deciding factors behind the product. After setting your budget, you ought to select the ceramicware.
While purchasing cookware, you have to consider several factors like:
- Your cooking-style
- Type of stove or burner you are using
- Details about the cookware
- Temperature control mechanism
- Size and the color of cookware
Safe ceramic cookware is a reality. It does not contain the chemicals that come along with Teflon, like PTFE or PFOA. The cookware is glazed in a kiln and is considered to be 100 percent safe. The only cookware that you should actually avoid is Teflon-coated cookware. Ceramic cookware is considered to be the healthiest cookware today.
There are several things that you need to consider while buying ceramic cookware. The best chefs already know about the benefits of ceramicware. They are:
- Very easy to clean. That makes them one of the go-to utensils for cooking. Their non-stick coating is responsible for this. T=You can use very little oil, so there are less grease and grime.
- The cookware is seemingly healthier than all other kinds of cookware. It is non-toxic in nature.
- Moreover, it is stain-resistant. That is an additional advantage. You can now use food color, without damaging the utensil.
You have to consider several factors, before buying the right ceramicware. There are so many different kinds of ceramic cookware sets in the market, that often confuses buyers.
- Budget – it is one of the main deciding factors that people pay attention to. You can buy ceramicwares on a high budget. The price mainly depends on the quality and quantity of the cookware that you are using. If you cook a lot, then it is wise to buy one of very good and high quality.
- Oven-Friendly – Your cookware should be oven-friendly. Before zero in on one of the cookware, make sure the label is there. You should still maintain medium to high heat and never extremely high heat while using ceramicwares.
- Always check the warranty before buying ceramicwares. The warranty is generally for one year.
- Quality – is of prime importance when you are buying ceramicwares. Do not go for sub-standard material even if the price tends to be lower. Good quality cookware will take you a long way. You do not have to invest again and again.
Today, there are several varieties of so-called ceramicwares in the market. Starting with the ceramic glazed one, they can easily get damaged. You can easily scratch the aluminum or the steel layer beneath the ceramic glaze. They are usually lighter than the normal ceramic ones. These days, the aluminum comes anodized. That is considered to be 100 percent healthy.
The real thing, ceramic cookware prepared in the kiln is a lot heavier. The moment you get your hands on one, you can feel the difference. It is solid ceramicware and is the healthiest option. They are made entirely from clay and water. So, you must take care to avoid dropping it on the floor. It will crack immediately. Both the varieties can give you a healthy way to cook food, minus the Teflon.
So, we have presented to you so many different types of ceramic cookware today. You can go through the key features and decide which one is best for you. Now, this age calls for some action here.
You must have encountered these terms in cookware. They are doing the rounds today. If you love to cook or are a professional chef, you can do better. Teflon, ceramic and anodized cookware the terms that can haunt you. Well, to start with older non-stick pans had a Teflon coating. The term ‘non-stick’ implies that your pan is coated with a substance that will not allow the food to stick to it.
PTFE or PFOA is generally the coating that goes behind the Teflon coating. If you heat PTFE above 500 degrees, it can release harmful fumes. Some people have recently also suffered from Teflon Flu or sore throat. Ceramic is the new-age cookware coating. Most companies that are into cookware are coming up with ceramic. It is considered to be a safer alternative.
You should take extremely good care of your ceramic cookware. This is the future of the cookware industry. It is considered to be the safest amongst all cookware. They are durable and long-lasting. Moreover, they can also withstand high temperatures. However, you should learn how to maintain your pots and pans in a better manner, so as to increase longevity. If you clean your wares properly, it can give immense benefits.
If you have just purchased new cookware, remove all the labels. Read through the manual. Wash the pots, pans, and other cookware in warm, soapy water. This will help you to remove the dirt and debris that it had collected through the manufacturing as well as the shipping process. If you have burnt food sticking on the interior, soak the pans in warm water. This will ease the cleansing process.
You cannot cook such cookware on very high heat. It can damage the coating inside. Thus, experts will recommend that you use ceramic cookware on medium-high heat. It is prone to chipping as well. Moreover, it has a short lifespan, when compared to stainless steel and other cast iron wares. Moreover, you have to provide extra care to these pots and pans. You cannot use any spoon with this cookware. You need to use only ceramic compatible utensils.
Thus, you need to keep these in mind while cooking in ceramic wares. Some cookware may include a glaze of cadmium, though not all. You have to be careful regarding this. It is very toxic, and if it enters the body can lead to diseases in the long run.
You also might like:
There are many best ceramic cookware brands in India today that you will be spoilt for choice. It has many benefits and is durable, to say the least. Moreover., most ceramic cookware is scratch-free. Today, most people are looking towards this alternate mode of cooking. There are so many things that you can achieve today, with ceramic cookware. There are poisonous chemicals that are doing the rounds today. Thus, now you can buy one that suits you from the wide range of brands that are available.