If you are facing a problem to start your gas stove, it might be possible that now it’s time to reinstall your gas stove with a new gas pipe. Apart from this, certain other circumstances arise, such as breakage of the pipe, gas leakage, installation of a new gas stove, etc., when you are required to change your old gas pipe and reinstall the gas stove with a new gas pipe. In such circumstances, a huge question arises “how to connect the gas pipe to the stove.” Most people prefer to take the professional’s help to connect the gas pipe to the stove, but you can consider the option of doing it on your own. I have prepared this full guide on “How to Connect Gas Pipe to Stove India.” Read this article till the end, and I assure you that you will learn to connect the gas pipe to the stove without any professional help.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to connect gas pipe to stove India (Step by Step)
- 2 Frequent Asked Questions
- 2.1 How frequently should we replace the gas pipe?
- 2.2 Which are the best gas cylinder pipes available in India?
- 2.3 Can I cut the gas pipe if it is hard to remove from the gas regulator or gas stove?
- 2.4 What is GASLOC?
- 2.5 Is using GASLOC a good option for easy removal of gas pipe from the gas stove?
- 2.6 What is the best length of a gas pipe?
- 3 Conclusion
Here are the steps you can follow if you want to change your old gas pipe with the new one or install the new gas stove.
Things you will need – Regulator, Gas cylinder, Gas hose/ gas pipe, & Gas stove.
Following are some safety tips that you should follow while connecting the gas pipe to the stove:
- Make sure that the stove is off with no active flame.
- Double-check if the burner knobs are properly closed.
- Don’t forget to turn off the regulator knob. You need to turn the regulator knob clockwise to turn it off.
- Do not cut the gas pipe. Find any other option to detach the gas pipe from the regulator and gas stove.
- Cover the cylinder with its safety cap after removing the regulator from the gas cylinder.
- Buy a gas pipe with suitable material to not cause any gas leakage or gas pipe breakage.
You should follow these safety steps if you face any gas leakage while disconnecting or reconnecting the gas pipe to the gas stove.
- First of all, you need to stay calm.
- Turn off the regulator knob by rotating it clockwise direction & all the burner knobs.
- Ensure that you or any other person at your home do not lit any matchstick or lighters in the kitchen.
- Turn off all the electrical appliances also.
- Open all the doors and windows and exhaust fan of your kitchen. Try to keep your kitchen as ventilated as possible.
- Now contact your gas agency and report the case. Request your gas agency to send professionals to check the same.
- Till the professionals visit your place to check for gas leakage, keep the cylinder in an open place.
According to the petroleum agency’s standard rules, you should consider changing your gas pipes after every 3-5 years to prevent yourself from the high risk of leakage.
Following are some best quality gas cylinder pipes that are available in India today :
- Butterfly rubber LPG gas hose pipe, 3 inch
- OLRADA reinforced LPG gas hose pipe, ISI Marked 2 meter with clamp
- ATMAN sunlight super fine quality ISO certified LPG hose flexible gas pipe 2 meter
- Superfine homebuddy LPG gas pipe with a clamp
- Prestige LPG hose
No, you should not cut the gas pipe. You can use the piler to detach it from the gas regulator or stove. Cutting gas pipes can be harmful.
GASLOC is a connecting device that allows the quick, safe, and leak-free domestic gas pipe connection to stoves nozzles.
Yes, GASLOC act as a connector between your gas stove and gas pipe. It will be helpful for you to remove the gas pipe from the stove nozzle easily. If you use GASLOC, you will also not require to cut the gas pipe, in any case, to detach it from the gas stove.
The maximum length of the gas pipe should be about 1.5 to 2 meters. Try to keep it as short as possible.
Connecting the gas pipeline or gas pipe to the gas stove is not easy, but nothing is impossible. Above, I have tried to cover almost all the steps & FAQs related to “how to connect gas pipe to stove India.” I hope this article will help you to connect your gas pipe to your gas stove on your own. Make sure you perform all the steps carefully and safely. In any step, if you face any difficulty, don’t panic and call your gas company for professional help immediately.